• IRC
  • FAQ
  • Regulamin
  • Książki warte uwagi

Memory limit exceeded

Object Storage Arubacloud
0 głosów
325 wizyt
pytanie zadane 8 października 2021 w C i C++ przez rajmond Nowicjusz (120 p.)
otagowane ponownie 8 października 2021 przez rajmond

Please help as I don't understand why I am exceeding the memory limit when I add a new item to the array, is it exceeded due to something else? this is an excerpt from my code:

int min=1000000,max=0;

unsigned char tab1[min+1];

int n=0, input=0, b=0;

std::cin>>n;

for (int i = 0; i < n ; i++) {
std::cin >> input;
if(input < min) { min=input;}
if(input > max) { max=input;}
tab1[input]= '1';
}

2 odpowiedzi

0 głosów
odpowiedź 8 października 2021 przez pionas0407 Gaduła (4,620 p.)

Can you explain what you want to do?

The first error is that there is no constant for the size of the array.

For example: 

const int tab1Len = 100000

The second thing is that when adding another element to an array, you should use the next elements of that array:

I don't understand why you want to put a element in an input number that someone will give you in the console.

If you want to do this, better think is create something like:

struct nameOfYourStruct {
  char val;
   int pos;
};

if you explain what you mean, maybe I can help you better.

If you want for example put '1' to 'input' element of array, first you need to initialize this array:

for(int i = 0; i < lenArray; i++)
   array[i] = 0;

komentarz 8 października 2021 przez rajmond Nowicjusz (120 p.)
This is the content of the quest:

Input:

In the first line, the program gets the number n. In the next line it gives n data numbers, each of which is in the range <0, 1000000>.

Output:

On the output, list how many unique pairs of numbers (b) can be formed, where a is a divisor of b.

1 ≤ n ≤ 500,000

This table is a kind of "logical array", when i write on input 1 i put '1' at index 1 then go through the multiples of the number to find x pairs
komentarz 8 października 2021 przez j23 Mędrzec (194,920 p.)
edycja 8 października 2021 przez j23

if the tab1 is defined on the stack, it can make the problem (if the stack is limited to less than 1MB).

Make this array either a global or static one.

0 głosów
odpowiedź 8 października 2021 przez TOM_CPP Pasjonat (22,640 p.)

Do not use Variable Length Array (VLA) in your code. It is not part of the standard in C++. Nonetheles some compilers allow using of such statments ( in spite of backward compatibility to C language ), VLA array is still allocated on stack, which despite everything has limited size to fit in one milion element.

Your problem can be solved using std::set and std::vector containers. See following example:

#include <iostream>
#include <iterator>
#include <set>
#include <vector>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
  istream_iterator<int> cit(cin);
  set<int> data( istream_iterator<int>{cit} , istream_iterator<int>{} );

vector<pair<int,int>> result;
  for( auto it {cbegin(data)} ; it != prev(cend(data)) ; ++it )
  {
      for( auto it_inner {next(it)} ; it_inner != cend(data) ; ++it_inner )
      {
           if( *it_inner % *it == 0 ) result.emplace_back(make_pair(*it,*it_inner));
      }
  }

for( const auto element : result ) cout << element.first << "," << element.second << endl;
}

https://godbolt.org/z/3hqa4cvPP

Podobne pytania

0 głosów
0 odpowiedzi 191 wizyt
0 głosów
1 odpowiedź 287 wizyt
pytanie zadane 4 marca 2022 w JavaScript przez Bakkit Dyskutant (7,600 p.)
+2 głosów
2 odpowiedzi 336 wizyt
pytanie zadane 30 stycznia 2022 w JavaScript przez ferdynand Obywatel (1,250 p.)

92,570 zapytań

141,422 odpowiedzi

319,643 komentarzy

61,958 pasjonatów

Motyw:

Akcja Pajacyk

Pajacyk od wielu lat dożywia dzieci. Pomóż klikając w zielony brzuszek na stronie. Dziękujemy! ♡

Oto polecana książka warta uwagi.
Pełną listę książek znajdziesz tutaj.

Akademia Sekuraka

Kolejna edycja największej imprezy hakerskiej w Polsce, czyli Mega Sekurak Hacking Party odbędzie się już 20 maja 2024r. Z tej okazji mamy dla Was kod: pasjamshp - jeżeli wpiszecie go w koszyku, to wówczas otrzymacie 40% zniżki na bilet w wersji standard!

Więcej informacji na temat imprezy znajdziecie tutaj. Dziękujemy ekipie Sekuraka za taką fajną zniżkę dla wszystkich Pasjonatów!

Akademia Sekuraka

Niedawno wystartował dodruk tej świetnej, rozchwytywanej książki (około 940 stron). Mamy dla Was kod: pasja (wpiszcie go w koszyku), dzięki któremu otrzymujemy 10% zniżki - dziękujemy zaprzyjaźnionej ekipie Sekuraka za taki bonus dla Pasjonatów! Książka to pierwszy tom z serii o ITsec, który łagodnie wprowadzi w świat bezpieczeństwa IT każdą osobę - warto, polecamy!